Preferred Portfolio Services® (PPS) is a fee-based managed account platform which utilizes load-waived and no-load mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and individual stocks and bonds. It allows your financial advisor ultimate flexibility in making the world of investment products available to the investor in the most cost effective way. Portfolios may target capital appreciation, income generation, or a combination of both. A strategy tailored to your individual goals and needs is based on the answers you provide on the Client Profile Worksheet. Your financial advisor is compensated from an annual management fee based on a percentage of your account’s value.
Features and Benefits of PPS:
- Flexibility and variety of investment vehicles available
- Opportunity to buy institutional share class mutual funds where available and load-waived A shares
- Diversification among multiple fund families
- Active and professional money management
- Rebalancing when necessary
- Pay-as-you-go pricing
- Monthly statements, enhanced reporting, and 24/7 online access available
- Per client request, complimentary consultations available with your CPA or estate planning attorney
- Ability to better control costs and investment expenses
PPS accounts are managed accounts and managed accounts, like all investments, are subject to risk. A managed account can fail to meet its investment objective. Aggressively managed accounts, accounts that concentrate on more volatile investments—such a small-company stocks—and accounts whose managers’ investment styles are suffering in the current market are likely to fall more sharply in value under certain market conditions than conservatively managed accounts. But they also have the potential to gain more in rising markets.